Past, present and future of Big Data
The world is flooded with data at a pace which increases by 40% every year. These are some prior steps, forecasts and trends for Big Data until the year 2027.
- Around 16% of the digital transformation initiatives carried out in the company referred to Big Data.
- Half of the users interacted with the cognitive computing services.
- In the U.S. alone, there were 180,000 roles of in-depth analysts and five times more analysts in data management and interpretation.
- It is estimated that the connected population will reach 57%.
- In terms of market data, 100% of the companies will buy external data. Companies will monetize their data through sale or added value.
- There will be an annual growth of 8.3% to $44bn.
- IDC estimates that 45% of corporations will have to find new ways of business through digital initiatives, since current forms do not offer enough potential for profit.
- Machines will process all the information and will offer products to the right person, at the right time and in the right place.
- 50% of smart cities will be in Europe and North America.
- Over 26 cities will be smart.
- Big Data will create a large number of new jobs in the next decade. It is estimated that around 900,000 highly-qualified jobs will be created in the next six years.
Sign up to the BBVAOPEN4U newsletter and receive tips, tools and the most innovative events directly in your inbox.